Dear Friends of Emmaus and Chrysalsis
WORLD WIDE COMMUNION SUNDAY is October 4th.
If you have an opportunity meditate on Luke 22:17-20.
Let’s see what we can discover from this scripture.
First, UNDERSTAND THE HISTORY OF THE LORD’S SUPPER
In Luke 22 the traditional Passover was approaching
and Jesus disciples had made preparations for the occasion. The Passover was a Jewish festival commemorating the Exodus from Egypt. It was repeated annually. The bread and wine were traditionally parts of the Passover. Jesus gave these elements new meaning. He said, taking the BREAD--this represents my body which is given for you, WINE–this represents my blood which is poured out for you.
Jesus said, REMEMBER ME.
- Remember my teaching
- Remember what I am going to do for you on the CROSS
- and Remember that I am going to die for each of your sins.
Never let Communion be an empty ritual.
We do it REMEMBERING what Jesus did on the Cross was for our sins.
What should we include in our REMEMBERING?
- Forgiveness from our sins Ephesians 1:7
- Peace With God Romans 5:1
- Reconciliation With God II Corinthians 5:19
- Right Standing With God II Corinthians 5:21
- Access to God Ephesians 2:18
- Liberty and Freedom from Devil Galatians 5:1
- Christ’s intercession for us Hebrews 5:16
REMEMBER to sponsor a pilgrim to the fall women’s or men’s walks.